Monday, January 04, 2010

I got it!

Let's just get past the obvious things, so I can get on with the other stuff.  Nicole and I are expecting our first baby in May, Christmas and New Year's was great and Caesar Salad dressing made with Egg Beaters takes the same as with raw eggs (so just use that instead).  Nicole does a much better job of keeping up with the events of our lives so check out her blog to see details.

For Christmas I got a set of metal puzzles. After I figured out the pattern of how they work I made pretty quick work of all but one of them. I sat and worked on it for a good 10 minutes before I decided to work on it some more, but from in front of the TV. I worked on it a good time more (maybe 30 or so more minutes... but to give me credit I was watching TV at the same time.) Anyways, I couldn't get it.

Nicole's mom asked to try, so I gave the puzzle to Nikki, my 3 year old niece to pass on over. I the time it took her to make it to Niocle's mom, she says "I got it!" and the two metal pieces are separated.

Grumble.

Let's see her try to figure out how to check for type I error rates in the way that we have implemented neural networks. She wouldn't get that one in 10 seconds.

5 comments:

Verdant Earl said...

I love those metal puzzles, even though I kinda suck at figgerin' them out.

Verdant Earl said...

Oh and congrats on the pregnancy!

Ookami Snow said...

Yeah, I'm usually not good at them them, however once I saw the "trick" it was fun to try to see how to apply the trick to each different puzzle.

Also, thanks. :)

Anonymous said...

OMG! SQUEEEEEEE! that is very exciting news :) congratulations!! i used to think people who got excited about "my* being pregnant were weird, but after having a child i get it which is why i'm excited for you and the missus!!

yeah, whatever implemented neural networks are ;)

i like those puzzles, they're cool.

Irene said...

Ha, that was funny.