Monday, July 13, 2009

You say Hammer, I say...

Anybody who is anybody at my work uses a yellow legal pad when they take notes. So not to be one to miss out on a trend I too use yellow legal pads (actually, I think it is more of a case that in the office supplies we only have yellow legal pads, but whatever). But I don't like getting a new pad when I use up an old one, instead I like to find and use pads that someone else has started to use and then abandon it. And that is rather easy to do here since there are a couple of kids that come to work with their parents once in a awhile. Usually I can find a pad that has the first couple of pages drawn on and the rest of the pad ready for my more sophisticated notes (i.e. my Master's level doodles during meetings).

In one of the pads that I started to use I flipped through first first couple pages of drawings to find a building list: a Nail, then a picture of a nail, a Board, then a picture of a plank of wood, then:
That's right, a Wamer. I believe that wamer describes to function of the tool way more than hammer. I propose that we use the name wamer from now on.

6 comments:

Nej said...

A wammer?!?! Brilliant!!!!!! :-)

Tamara said...

Wamer... I like it. Kid logic is too cool.

mo.stoneskin said...

*mental note to use the word 'wamer' at least twice today*

Candy's daily Dandy said...

I'm in.

Wamer it is.

Slyde said...

wammer?

im in.

Anonymous said...

i'm down with wamer, it makes sense. i'd love to see that kid the first few times he hears that and thinks, "hey i made that up"!