Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Cinn-A-Burst

My office bro, Kent, broke out some vintage Cinnaburst gum today in celebration of becoming a "Ratings Master" on Yahoo Music. He estimates that the gum is more than 12 years old. The gum tasted like I remembered, however the flavor is already all but gone. Good times.

One of the things I remember the most about the gum is that ads that they ran during Channel One. Channel One being a "news" program for kids that schools would show during home room, in exchange for the news and free tv's for the school, the kids get 5 or so minutes of commercials with a very captive audience. Needles to say almost all of the ads during Channel One rocked, probably because they were aimed directly at my age group.

Anywho, thanks to the wonderful world of YouTube I can relive my favorite ad-at-school moments:

2 comments:

Callie said...

I remember that gum! And it didn't need to be 12 years old for the flavor to go away quickly. It did that when it was brand new!

nettymus said...

HA! I forgot about that commercial, but yep...memories ^_^