Tuesday, June 06, 2006

On X-Men, Hockey, and Diggnation.

They used to title books like that... "On the health benefits of lead" or "On things for a boy to do that is really cool, but enviably, will blow one of his fingers off". They don't really title books like that it anymore. Why?

Ok first up, X-Men III. This movie is a fair movie, nothing too special; I'm not really going to get in to the story or anything. If you like that kind of movie you will like it, if not you probably won't. But the one thing I did want to mention is that if you were a mutant I bet it would cost alot to get insurance on your house. And I would bet that life insurance is just out of the question.

Before and after the movie I watched the first game of the Stanley Cup finals over at Aarons. (He had it Tivoed so that we could come back to it after the movie.) It was one of the better games of hockey that I have seen. Carolina ended up winning it 5-4 with less than a minute to go in the game. If you get OLN it is worth watching the next game on Wednesday, it looks like this will be a good series.

Finally, I have wanted to mention Diggnation for a while now, but the topic has never came up (It's not your fault, it's mine. Now don't give me those pouty eyes, I already said it was my fault). Diggnation is what Kevin Rose and Alex Albright moved onto after they left G4 (curse be upon that name). Once a week they put out a video podcast about the most dugg stories on Digg. And let me tell you, it is the funniest thing you will watch on a Thursday morning. Alex is a improv comedian and Kevin is just naturally funny and when they get together they always make me laugh. A warning though if you do not much about computers you may not get all the jokes, but it is still worth the look. Check them out.

No comments: