Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Lt. Fly vs. The Spiders From Above

The award for the longest named game goes to Lt. Fly vs. the Spiders from Above. While it comes on down to claim the award I will give you a brief overview of the game. LFVTSFA or Spiders from Above is a hybrid puzzle and action game smooshed together. On the left hand of the screen is a game sort of like Bejeweled, where you try to match four colors together to remove bricks. As the bricks are removed ammo works it's way down into your storage. Why do you need ammo? Because while you are working on the puzzle Spiders are attacking from above and they must be fended off. So during the game if the Spiders look like they are getting to close to the bottom of the screen you can move your cursor over to the right side of the screen and use the ammo you got to take the spiders out.

The game does a really good job of balancing the puzzle and the action parts of the game At times I had to frantically play the puzzle so that I could get more ammo because the Spiders were attacking. Other times I was sitting on 50+ bullets picking off Spiders at will. It is a fun game, and it only has about 15 levels so it doesn't take too long to beat. You really need to stop whatever you are doing and play this game.

5 comments:

Callie said...

Sounds like fun!!!

I'll play it when I get a free moment. Right now, it looks like that won't be until 2011.

Verdant Earl said...

I tried it for a few minutes, but I'll be back later.

The Math Ninja said...

It's strangely fun.

Anonymous said...

I beat it the first time I played it. It was fun, but too easy.

Ookami Snow said...

@callie- I rescheduled some of your appointments, you now will have time to play on April 18th, 2009 from 10.45am to 11am.

@earl- no one can resist the games for to long.

@think- yeah it took me three times, but the third time I used my mouse and that helped alot.