Friday, March 07, 2008

My New Favorite Blog 2008, Round 2 Lower Bracket: Pairings 29-32

Here are the results for the last pairings of the second round.

29. Stranded In Reality vs. The Year It Didn't Happen
Ruth(?) on Stranded In Reality gets alot of love from the family that uses text messaging non-stop. I think it is a good idea though because it is alot easier to so no to a $300 pair of boots over text message compared to answering the request in real life. Not that it is a hard decision to make, you just get to hear less winning. Also there may be a Churchillian Army building up, just some FYI. On the Year it Didn't Happen there is discussion about book covers, and the lack of effort that is placed in them compared to the psychedelic covers of the olden days. Also there is a review of the book America 2014: An Orwellian Tale. From what I can tell the book is not even worth getting it free. The characters are blatant ripoffs of current political figures (George Blush) which detracts from an already thin plot. I don't think I will buy the book, however I think I might look it over sometime just to see how bad it is.
Winner: Stranded In Reality

30. The RaeJanes vs. Under the Bridge
The RaeJanes has been thinking about how everyone, including herself, pisses herself off sometimes. Luckily she has found a source of self-therapy that works for her when she gets angry; drink some wine and buy shoes on ebay. I think that plan is cheaper than a shrink. Also she tells a funny joke about loving somebody to the moon and back. I wont spoil it, so you'll have to go check it out. Joe on Under the Bridge has a very detailed history of Led Zeppelin posted that even includes some examples of the rocking music from the 70s. Joe also awards Lori Drew as the A hole of the year. I had never heard of this story (I tend to not pay attention to the news) but it basically goes like this: Lori Drew is a parent of a former friend of Megan. Lori made a fake MySpace page for a made up person called Josh. Lori then got Megan involved with Josh and then Lori broke off the relationship abruptly. Megan killed herself and Lori's response to console Megan's parents were to "get over it". Yeah.
Winner: The RaeJanes

31. Light Motifs vs. I Think, Therefore I Am Frustrated
Miz UV (Light Motifs) officially regrets eating a cupcake from the country club that had as much frosting as cake. And it's not because it wasn't healthy, it is because it tasted bad. Also Tiki her pet pig (or cat or something) killed flowers that she got for a present. I think there will be pork for dinner tonight! Jake on Think Frustrated is off and running at his new job. He has dual monitors a shared cubical and has 144 emails after the first day. Perks of the job include Dunkin Donuts coffee and pointless graphics.
Winner: Light Motifs

32. Much That Is Hidden vs. Kate Smudges In Earth, Paint and Life
O'Tim on Much that is hidden scoffs at the idea that a vote for Nader is a wasted vote. And I can't agree more. how can voting for somebody that you support be viewed as a wasted vote? Why would you let other people decide who is worth voting for? The only reason we have a two-party system is because people are afraid to support the candidate that they actually believe in and want to feel like they voted for someone that had a chance. Rubbish. Kate, on the other hand, has worms and can't be more excited. They allow her to not have to go to the compost pile during the winter because the worms are right there to make compost for her. Yes, they are earthworms, and no she didn't eat them. However I will give her a dollar if she does eat one. (I want video proof). Also it is snowy and white outside her place -good weather for dog-snow angels.
Winner: Kate Smudges In Earth, Paint and Life

I'll get the brackets up for the third round soon.

3 comments:

kate said...

Woo hoo! Still in the running ... I am impressed with all the work you're doing on this. I'll have to think about eating a worm for a buck. It sounds like something I could do (except I'd probably lose all my genteel garden blog readers. That's okay though ... I can write about other things too ...

Spinning Girl said...

I know who I choose, but I won't tell, so as not to taint the results.

Ookami Snow said...

Kate- Eating a worm for a buck is something that I wouldn't do, but at least you know where those worms have been.

Spinning Girl- There are alot of good blogs this year, it is hard to pick between them.