Friday, February 24, 2006

Catch Phrase of the (Yester-)Day

Yesterday I felt like crap. My throat was sore and I was very tired. So after my classes I took a nap in my office. While falling asleep I was pondering whether or not to cancel game night, since I felt so bad. I was woken up abruptly when Matt got back from Theory class. I sat up quickly and adjusted my glasses. The problem was I had taken off my glasses, so I ended up jamming my thumb really hard into my eye. That hurt.
So while I was writhing in pain (and trying not to look like I was in pain, so Matt wouldn't ask what was going on, because that was one of the stupidest things I did) I decided that game night was off. This leads me to a new catch phrase:

Thumb to the Eye

The phrase is alot like "The straw that broke the camel's back" but a bit more graphic.
An example of usage: I was going to leave after we got bad service, but getting the wrong order was just a thumb to the eye. So I left without paying.

Go, use frequently.

No comments: