Wednesday, April 05, 2006

My Magical Skiing Adventure!

Ok, before you go any further you most promise me that you at least have an hour to burn. If not, just bookmark this post and come back later.

Ok, I assume that if you are reading this you have a good chunk of time on your hands. Good, because this will take it all up. My Magical Skiing Adventure! is a thread on a forum where a guy draws a story and people on the forum suggest what to do next. It started off this way:

One day I was sitting at home, watcing TV and eating Cheetos.

Suddenly, I grew dissatisfied with life.
I needed to get out of the usual routine, so I decided to climb Mount Everest...
...and then SKI DOWN THE SIDE!!!!!!
My guide suspected nothing, as we made our trek to the summit.
Finally, the moment of truth was upon me. I put on my skis.
Suddenly, out of nowhere, a great gust of wind hit me!
I found myself careening out of control, flying down the slope backwards at 80 miles an hour!
WHOOSH!!
As I sailed through the air, I blacked out.
I awoke later, and found myself at the bottom of a deep ice chasm.
I quickly checked my inventory.
And now, here I find myself, trapped at the bottom of an icy crevice with extra underwear, $5, and a half-empty bag of Cheetos.
What do I do?? Where do I go??
Help!
(there are pics for each of the lines)

Then it is up to the forum members to tell him what to do. It is really funny and so far the forum post is 54 pages long. But seriously, I can't do it justice here, you need to check it out.


On a different note, the forecast here for tomorrow doesn't look too good:

The forecast of "A damaging storm" is kind of a strong prediction. Not even "A chance for severe thunderstorms". Nope, it is a unquestionable conclusion that the thunderstorm will be damaging tomorrow, it is just a matter of "how damaging will it be?" We will see about that!
... (eep) ...

No comments: