Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Sandstorm



Back when I was in 4th and 5th grade there was a series of duststorms that rolled through Garden City. People were comparing them to the Dust Bowl days of old. During the dust storms everything got dark and alot of the time it was harder to see than even in a thick fog.
I had forgotten about those dust storms for awhile now, but I found a video of a sandstorm on Google which was very similar to what I remember about the dust storms in Garden. What I especially remember is the dust rolling in like it does at the start of the video, but it didn't get nearly as dark as it does in this sandstorm.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

It seriously did that in garden? Holy crap.

Blessum Yellowstone Trip said...

I remember that. Just barely but I do. I remember being at St. Dominic's and looking out the window and the sky was a deep maroon. Then they decided to let us out of school for the day. We had like an inch of dust covering everything.