Friday, August 25, 2006

Super Mario and Zelda Cereal


I don't even know where to start with this one. Yes, I begged and begged until I got this cereal. Yes, I bought it only because it was Mario and Zelda. And no I never finished a box of it. But I have a reason for not finishing a box of it; the Mario cereal was good (as judged by me at the time, like when I was 9 or so) but the Zelda cereal tasted like berry poop. So I would eat all of the Mario cereal, open up the Zelda cereal, let it get old and then beg and beg to get another box. Great marketing on their part.
I also used to eat Pac-Man cereal which was like Lucky Charms but with marshmallow ghosts and Pac-Men, and cereal dots. I would also eat all the marshmallows out of the box and then want a new one.
Oh, while we are on the subject: for awhile I only ate Lucky Charms for breakfast, and I would eat everything except the blue diamonds, which I would take out of the bowl and place on my body as some sort of 80's-marshmallow-y style bling. I got quite sticky from doing this, and I did it all the time. What was I thinking? (This was around kindergarten age)
Anybody else have crazy cereals when they were growing up?

3 comments:

The Math Ninja said...

Wow Indeed.

I never knew any of that about you, Shann. It all makes me laugh though.

The Math Ninja said...

Oh! I was the comment killer!

Anonymous said...

Man, no cereal, but grama did once tell me that she had a box of macaroni and cheese in the cabinet when I was hungry a few years ago. When I found it, it was a Super Mario Bros (orig nintendo system) with tips and hints on the back of the box. This was wrong. It at least 10 years old at the time (I think its expiration date was in '93). Later, when I actually thought about it, I realized that the box was nostalgic gold, but *shock* grama must have thrown it away!
Too bad for me...