Thursday, January 19, 2006

11AM Rush for Tickets



At 11am today tickets to see President Bush's were available on a fist come basis. This is the traffic that there was on the way to the ticket office. (It was backed up from Kimball to Dara's, and I am guessing Kimball was pretty backed up too.) Also a group of four girls ran on by me, with backpacks and all, and from where I was at in the picture there was still about a half a mile for them to run still.

Unfortunately for most of the people in this picture they will not be able to get tickets since they are trying to get there at 11, instead of waiting in line before the ticket office opened.

As for me? I will not be going because I have a class that I am teaching during the time of the speech. On further thought I will probably cancel class, but I didn't think of that in time for me to get down there. Oh well.

I'm glad to see that so many others view it as a very important event though.

1 comment:

Maria said...

i got the very last ticket... beat that :)