Thursday, January 26, 2006

How to be creative (long version)



gapingvoid (blargticle)

This article is not really about how to be creative (surprise!), it's about what to do if you are creative and you want to stay creative. It really is a good piece... the gist:

Do what you like.
Don't care what other people think.
Do what you like some more.
(Again don't care what other people think)

But really, it is good. It brings up some thoughts that I have had about this blog. Everybody says: "If you want to make a good blog have a topic and stick to it."
I have thought about this many times, wondering if I should focus my blog onto a topic, but then I thought that it would be boring then. What I like about my blog is that one post is about the Patriot Act, the next is about a cool flash game, and the next is about taco riots. I like my blog because it is so unfocused. And truthfully I would have stopped posting on my blog loooong ago if I had self imposed guidelines on what to post.

Now I don't claim to be "successful" in the blog world... but I guess what I am trying to say is that you can be way more creative when you do what you like and you don't care what other people think.

No comments: