Thursday, January 12, 2006

Bigger is not always better.

I'll start off with the most important thing of my day first... although since it is 10.30am, I guess anything that I do this early must be important, since during winter break I usually woke up around this time...
Anyways, I just watched a small spider take on a spider about three times as large in a fight to the death. I thought the small spider had no chance, but in the end the big spider was lunch... or maybe brunch since it is still morning.
In other news Loughin's Bootstrapping class looks like it will be hard, but worth the effort.

My plans for the rest of the day are:
1. Blow an hour.
2. Sit through Data Mining. (There is a 90% chance that I am gonna drop the class.)
3. Eat some lunch.
4. Write up the last major changes to Mad.
5. Chill the most

2 comments:

hockeyfrog said...

Bootstrapping?

Sounds like you should be wearing an eye patch and be sailin' the seas by the end of the semester.

(I guess I'm asking, what is Bootstrapping, if it has nothing to do with pirates?)

Ookami Snow said...

Bootstrapping is (basically) a statistical method that doesn’t make any assumptions about the data, and then tests the data by directly sampling the data.

(As opposed to “normal” statistics, that makes some assumptions about the data, such as normality, and then uses summaries of the data to perform the tests.)


I don't know if that helps any...