Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Star Wars to become new TV series

BBC NEWS (article)


Mr Lucas told the Celebration III convention the live action TV series would be similar to Raiders of the Lost Ark spin-off The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles.
"Like on The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles, we want to write all the stories for the entire first season all at once," he said.
"I'm going to get it started, and hire the show runners and all of that, then I'll probably step away."
He said the live action series would feature stories taking place between movie episodes three and four - Revenge of the Sith and the original 1977 Star Wars movie.


Awesome! I was really hoping there would be something to look forward to after Star Wars Episode III. As long as they do it right, the TV show could really be cool. Maybe even have spin-offs like Star Trek did. Oh happy day.

In other good news:

Away from Star Wars, Mr Lucas added a fourth Indiana Jones movie was "definitely in the works".

2 comments:

hockeyfrog said...

There had been talks of more Indy flicks since the first Star Wars were remastered... so if this is just the first instance of it being confirmed thats sad, otherwise I'm grabbing my "old news" stamp :p

Ookami Snow said...

I'm just surprised that they are still sticking with it. I too, had heard about it a long time ago, I was just glad to see it is still being thought about.