Monday, February 19, 2007

I dream of Blogger

I set the alarm purposely 30 minutes before I want to get up so that I can hit the snooze button a couple of times. For me hitting snooze and then going back to sleep a few times is a really good way of getting up in the morning because I know that I will have to get up soon, but I still get to sleep some more. By the time it is actually time for me to get up I have prepared myself sufficiently for the dread that it will bring.

Anyways, this series of snoozes in the morning always seem to give me weird dreams. This morning I had a dream that the Blogger announced that they were closing down. I took it to mean that they weren't allowing anyone to make new Blogger blogs, so I was disappointed by ok with the announcement. Then I heard the announcement again and realized that it meant that I wouldn't be able to post on my blog anymore, I was quite annoyed with this, but I remembered that I could learn how to use WordPress, and that would do fine. Then I realized that if Blogger closed I would lose all of my past posts. So I frantically tried to think of ways to transfer all my posts over to WordPress from Blogger. I have no idea of how to do this in real life, so in the muttle of the dream I was just completely lost and fairly mad. Then the alarm went off.

Maybe I should just get up the first time the alarm goes off.

4 comments:

The Gare Bear said...

Interesting thought. When I was asking the other day why several of you blog, I got the response that it was to record stuff for future reference. The question popped into my mind "what happens if blogger goes out of business or decides to charge a fee?" I asked Nettymus if there was any way to print or otherwise download accumulated posts. Is there a way? This would be good to find out before some critical event happens.

Ookami Snow said...

You can go to each month's archives and save each webpage if you wanted. But then when you started over you wouldn't have all the past posts on the new blog.

Also Blogger is owned by Google, so I would think there would be fair warning if Blogger was to be killed. Google would prob. have to get in bad financial shape first.

Anamika Anyone said...

I do the snooze thing too! My family thinks I'm the only freak in the world who does this, but now I can tell them there's another!

Nice blog, by the way.

kimberlina said...

i love the snooze-for-weird-dreams schtick. sometimes, you don't even need the snooze. on weekends, if you stay up till 3 am, just sleep in until 12. does the same thing. at least for me - i'm good at just not getting out of bed.