Saturday, February 24, 2007

My New Favorite Blog, Round 2 - Upper Bracket.

Here are the results from the upper bracket. Again the decisions were hard to make at times.

17. The Lost Scribblings Of A Virtual Gypsy vs. Scrivenings
Ananika (Virtual Gypsy) Had a couple of online test results up, showering her to be a good friend. But Scrivenings had a very good post about the philosophy of quitting his dissertation, and in the end he decided that he doesn't really need the dissertation unless it is to fulfill something personally. So he quits, and it seems like he might have lead others to quit the "cult of masters school" too.
Winner: Scrivenings

18. Dust-Slaying: Redux vs. Shrinkykitten
Shanshu (Dust-Slaying) discusses the absurdity of some laws being passed, or i guess more specifically the absurdity of how some laws are translated to convict seemingly innocent (or even helpful) people. Shrinkykitten talks about her job hunt and how to approach an interview as a white person when she will be the superior over non-whites. It is an interesting angle on trying to get hired.
Winner: Dust-Slaying: Redux

19. Just Thoughts vs. I Think, Therefore I am Frustrated.
Just Thoughts puts her efforts into rubber ducky navigation systems and being called burping at a baby shower. It is a brilliant tactic as it prevents I Think from posting at all.
Winner: Just Thoughts

20. Sniper Kitty vs. Adventures in Kicking People
Kat (Sniper Kitty) has decided that he just needs to learn to be loved and observes that cats are freaks. Sleep Goblin (Kicking People) painted a fairly good picture and participates in the old ritual of TVNIGHT, which must be spelt (<--- is that a word?) in all uppercase letters.
Winner: Adventures in Kicking People

21. Jiggscasey.com vs. Jeremy Freese's Weblog
Jiggscasey brings up a question from CNN asking if "hip hop has gone too far in degrading women." He thinks that in the past the amount of woman degradation in hip hop was at the correct level. Jeremy however is relying the support for his quest to lose 15 pounds, however I decided to root for the underdog in this battle, Twix bar, which I am sure is not a well liked stance in some parts of the world. But somebody has to do it.
Winner: Jiggscasey.com

22. Leisure Pursuit vs. Writing as jo(e)
Valerie (Leisure Pursuit) posted about American Idol, Grey's Anatomy and the after life. All of which I have little knowledge of. Jo(e) posted about how she actually likes to clean up messy rooms and how more snow does not necessarily mean that global warming is a myth.
Winner: Writing as jo(e)

23. What the Duck? vs. "Brevity is... wit."
Madge (What the Duck?) has discovered that her Master's degree was sent to the wrong address and now she will not get it for three more months. Neel (Brevity) discusses a movie that I have not heard of before about abolishing slave trade in England back in the day, and also has a long post about the state of the college basketball tournament that is getting set to go here pretty soon.
Winner: What the Duck?

24. Stressful Times for Psyc Girl vs. Just Keep Swimming
Psyc Girl doesn't know why but she is sad. Heather (Keep Swimming) also talks about Grey's Anatomy, but steals the show with a picture of some lady that has been tanning way way way to long. It is gross.
Winner: Just Keep Swimming

8 comments:

The Gare Bear said...

RE: Scrivenings. No wonder the poor soul didn't have time to work on his dissertation. If I'm reading the blog correctly, I think he should be awarded some type of recognition for volume of blogging.

The Gare Bear said...

RE: Just Keep Swimming. She paid you a nice compliment. I would think it was cool if someone noticed my blog.

Anamika Anyone said...

The war may be over, but the battle is not.
...Or is it the other way around? :-0
Anyway, in the words of Arnie, I'll be back!

Jen said...

So I was reading some of the bloggers on your tourney...you have great taste! :) I have a fave if my opinion matters...Dust-Slaying Redux. Some of his other posts are spit-out-your-Cheerios funny, like the Amazon one. Anyway, having fun reading.

Ookami Snow said...

@jen- I won't take credit for finding the blogs. What I did is followed some of the blogs that other people read (specifically Spinning Girl) and then when I needed more blogs I took some of the blogs that those people read. I just made sure that they were updated recently.

But yes they are very good, and they are all good in different ways, it is hard to decide if a very funny post is better than a very personal/touching post. Either way though I have been able to have a chance to read some good stuff lately.

And isn't that the point :)

Spinning Girl said...

yay! I hope some of my faves end up in your links, becuase they are indeed fabu.

Anonymous said...

oh, yeah, and why wasn't my other site, Think Frustrated's Haiku-A-Day entered? I tend to update that one, well, every day. I spend more time over there than at the main site, as of late.

Ookami Snow said...

@think- sorry, i just followed links that other people had on their blogs and just made sure that the blog was updated somewhat recently, and if it was it was in.