Monday, May 23, 2005

Kevin Rose leaves G4

kevin rose dot com (blog)


After several weeks of lawyer negotations with G4, they have agreed to release me from my contract. Friday May 27th 2005 marks my last day on the G4 network.
I’m leaving G4 so that I can focus on what I love most, in-depth tech content. Starting with today’s premiere release of our new tech HOW-TO show ’Systm,’ we will begin to build a network of technology television programming from the ground up. While Systm and thebroken will be our two flagship shows, in time, we hope to add more shows to the schedule with former TechTV cast members you all know and love. All episodes will be released free of charge, in a variety of formats (Theora, Xvid, WMV, H.264, PSP), wrapped in RSS (for vidcasting), and liscensed under the Creative Commons.


As long as the shows he goes on to make are quality, I think this is a good move for him. G4, after eating TechTV, stopped being tech based and has gone from computers to games to cars (why?). Besides Attack of the Show, G4 is pointless, and unless they can bring in a new host that i want to watch, AOTS is probably going to suck now as well. Besides, you can get all of their news here, or at least by reading my site, boingboing, blogsnow, and milkandcookies (that will get you about 85% of what they talk about in the show).

Today Systm comes out, so i'll check it out and tell you how it is.

No comments: