Wednesday, May 25, 2005

PS3 Price Revealed?

ign.com (article)


According a an article published in the May 17th edition of Japan's Mainichi Shimbun, the PlayStation 3 could be one of the most expensive mass-market videogame consoles ever created. Officials from Sony apparently told the newspaper that PlayStation 3s would sell in Japan for "less than 50,000 yen each." That translates to about $465 US dollars.


$465, ouch. I was hoping to see it go for $399, but if they do put a 4 in the hundreds place I think it will turn many buyers to Xbox 360 even if it is not as good. (I would guess by the time the PS3 launches the Xbox 360 will have a price of $299.)

I hope Sony can bring down the price some, or else the console war will not have a clear cut winner as I first expected.

No comments: